Our Safety Charter
Here at Rover European Travel we provide;
- 1st class service by a family run business established since 1947.
- Fully maintained coaches meeting all legal compliances.
- Records/audit trails of driver walk around checks, vehicle defects/parts ordered etc.
- Coach fleet that includes ECE R66 Regulations vehicles (anti-crush roof)
- Professional drivers trained in all aspects of transporting passengers.
- Coaches with a choice of two and three point safety belts to include factory fitted belts.
- Coaches carrying safety and emergency equipment.
- Coaches fitted with CCTV, ABS/retarder braking systems, driver emergency kit
- Vehicles that are safety inspected every 6 weeks.
- Coaches with emergency exits to include additional exit door, specified windows, roof hatches.
- Emergency planning procedures for drivers to put into action in the unlikely event of a
- Safety announcements prior to the beginning of a journey.
- CRB checked drivers.
When we carry children or young people, the organiser/s of the trip is/are required to:
- Follow any instructions given by the driver (legal requirement). Drivers are legally in charge and
have the same authority as an airline pilot over who they carry.
- Inform the driver immediately if any problem arises during the journey.
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure that children/young people do not cause any distractions
that might affect the ability of the driver to concentrate on the important task of driving safely
- Assist the driver in meeting the Driver’s Hours Regulations (legal requirement).
- Ensure all passengers are wearing safety belts correctly and that belts are worn throughout the
journey (legal requirement).
- Locate where all exits are positioned and where emergency and safety equipment is stored.
- Ensure luggage is stored safely and exits and aisles are kept clear (legal requirement).
- Ensure two adults are seated at the rear emergency exit and that they are familiar with how to use
this emergency exit.
- Ensure adults are seated throughout the coach with the task of pupil supervision. The organiser of the trip has a legal duty to provide a safe journey.
- Leave the coach in the same condition at the end of a journey as it was at the beginning.
This safety charter is designed to improve the safety of every passenger when travelling with Rover European.